These are my recommended links for April 24th through May 5th:
- 6 Easy To Use ReTweeting Tips | Blog of Mr. Tweet – Good tips for re-tweeting and how to get re-tweeted. They’re no-brainers for experienced Twitterers, but a good quick verview for newbies.
- Comments on news stories a double-edged sword – As a person who manages a newspaper website’s commenting community, I can also attest to the fact that there are very strong pros and cons to having comments on your stories. This is a good study on the subject and worth a read for any journalist.
- Google Unveils New Tool To Dig for Public Data – washingtonpost.com – Reporters should be able to take advantage of Google’s data efforts in reporting CAR stories.
- Google Starts Twittering News Headlines — InformationWeek – The Twittering is only the beginning. Content providers that aren’t pushing news now should be very worried.
- Check Username Availability at Multiple Social Networking Sites – An amazing (and lightning fast) tool that helps you search common usernames across social networking sites. Check to see if your brand or name is available – or sneak a peek at where else your contacts have accounts.